- Art work - like statues, sculptures, globes
- Water features - which can add reflection and sound to create serenity
- Structures like arches, windmills, and walls
- Ornamental Grasses
- Winding pathways wide enough for 2-3 people
- Shrubs, trees and bushes - in different heights, shapes, and colours
- Scree garden - this is a soil-less garden that is made up of sand and gravel
Some great time saving tips that she shared:
- Plant daffodils amongst ornamental grasses. Once the daffodils are finished flowering the grasses grow up to hide the dead daffodils so that you don't have to clean them up.
- Using coloured foliage plants in your planters will allow for an extended period of colour
Here are some of the plants she suggested for coloured foliage:
Photo by Trish Symons - Persian Shield
Photo by Trish Symons - Geranium "Mrs. Pollack"
Photo by Trish Symons - Canna Pretoria
She also mentioned the Thunderbolt Hosta, Gold Sword Yucca and Ornamental Maize
To learn more from Trish Symons you can visit her blog here http://www.orangeville.com/blog/655778